|(Photo Credit: Wikipedia - |
Bristol Motor Speedway)
1. The Toyota Save Mart 350 at Sonoma. Over the last few years, road course racing has gotten a lot better with more side-by-side racing and some good passing. But for Sonoma specifically, turn 11 is the key and boy do fans see some real racing there. However I would like to see the old track layout with the same distance as now return for more passing.
2. Lenox Tools 300 at New Hampshire. After a few improvements to the turns over the years and the 300 miles, New Hampshire now acts as more of a short track than anything else and the racing has gotten better.
3. NASCAR at the Glen. The second road course race of the season and while its a different track than Sonoma, it still packs a punch in the good racing department.
4. Bristol Night Race. Despite the fact that Bristol has been changed over the years and I personally like the new configuration vs. the old configuration which doesn't matter now with the corners being changed again before this race. The fact is Bristol and Bristol and its fun to watch under the lights on a Saturday night. Let's hope it doesn't change.
5. AdvoCare 500 at Atlanta. Atlanta is normally hit or miss, but night racing on Labor Day weekend is cool and so is this race. The unrestricted speeds make it good for racing.
6. Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond. I like this track because short track racing is a lot of fun to watch. There is multiple groves, side-by-side racing and a lot of passing. However this isn't just any race, this is the final race to make the chase and its Saturday night under the lights.
7. Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire.
8. Tums Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville. Despite the fact that Martinsville doesn't have a big crowd, Martinsville on a Sunday afternoon is very entertaining. Drivers really do beat and bang on each other. And its fun to watch.
9. Kobalt Tools 500 at Phoenix. Phoenix racing a lot like a short track and racing into the night makes it even better.
10. Ford 400 at Homestead. A combination of the progressive banking and the fact that this is the final race of the season (hopefully where the championship is decided is fun. But I do have to admit, racing under the lights would make it even better.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and it should be a lot of fun for sure. I just hope the race for the Cup title plays out like it did last season and go right down to the checkered flag.