|Brad Keselowski leading Marcos Ambrose |
through interloop on the final lap at Watkins Glen.
Photo Credit: John Harrelson, Getty Images for NASCAR
But that begs the question, where does it rank all time? Here's my top 5 list and I'm sure I'm missing several.
1. 1979 Daytona 500 - Yarborough vs. Allison wrecking and fighting in turn 3 with Richard Petty winning.
2. 2003 Darlington - Ricky Craven beats Kurt Busch to win.
3. 2001 Atlanta - Kevin Harvick nips Jeff Gordon at the line to win.
4. 2012 Watkins Glen - Marcos Ambrose battles it out with Brad Keselowski to win.
5. 2000 Atlanta - Dale Earnhardt nips Bobby Labonte at the line to win.
But don't forget about 2007 July Daytona where Harvick edged Martin to win, 2011 Talladega Johnson beats Bowyer to win, or the 2005 Atlanta Carl Edwards nips Jimmie Johnson to win his first Cup Series race. There are more amazing finishes, but keep in mind that all of the top 5 I listed above had amazing and memorable final laps especial Darlington.