|JGR announcing Matt Kenseth is |
there new driver in 2013. Photo Credit:
Joe Gibbs Racing Facebook page.
Here are the top 6 biggest NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver moves since 2006:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc to join Hendrick Motorsports in 2008 to drive the #88 AMP/National Guard Chevrolet Impala SS
2. Tony Stewart leaving Joe Gibbs Racing to join Haas Racing and rename it Stewart-Haas Racing in 2009 to drive the #14 Old Spice/Office Depot Chevrolet Impala SS. Note: In 2013, neither sponsor that Stewart started with in 2009 will be on his car.
3. Matt Kenseth leaving Roush-Fenway Racing to join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013 to drive the #20 Home Depot/Dollar General Toyota Camry.
4. Kasey Kahne joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2012 to drive the #5 Chevrolet Impala SS with the announcement made a year and a half early.
5. Kurt Busch leaving Roush-Fenway Racing to join Penske Racing in 2006 to drive the #2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger. Note: Kurt Busch has since left Penske Racing at the end of 2011 and current drives the #51 with no deal for 2013 yet, while Brad Keselowski has moved into the #2 Miller Lite Dodge that will be a Ford in 2013.
6. Kyle Busch leaving Hendrick Motorsports to join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2008 to drive the #18 M&M’s/Mars Inc Toyota Camry.
Of course this is only driver moves, however if you were to include team moves with a team moving from one manufacturer to another, Penske Racing moving from Dodge to Ford in 2013 and Joe Gibbs Racing moving from Chevrolet to Toyota in 2008 would be fourth and fifth on this list with 4th, 5th and 6th moving down respectably.